Picking out a diaper bag and making sure it’s packed with essentials can be hard for first time moms. Here are some suggestions for making this process a little easier.
Two diaper bags are ideal. One for mom and one for dad. It’s easiest to keep them packed at all times so that you don’t need to rush last minute making sure you have everything you need. An exception would be adding breast milk and formula bottles, that’s obviously a last minute task. Keeping organized while having a baby will make your life easier and you less stressed and less overwhelmed.
For dad I like the idea of a back pack style. I have the Jeep brand back back for him but it is a little small and squishy for all the items you need.
At Amazon this diaper bag is a great option for dads with plenty of room for $59.95:
Bag Nation Diaper Bag Backpack with Stroller Straps, Changing Pad and Sundry Bag – Black
For mom you can get a more stylish one that fits your personality. I like the messenger bag style diaper bag.
At Amazon for less then $50 you can get this Skip Hop Duo Signature Carry All Travel Diaper Bag Tote with Multipockets, One Size, Chevron:
Now that you have picked out your diaper bags, what do you put in them?
3. A portable changing pad if not included with the bag.
4. Diaper rash cream and powder.
5. Baby lotion and sunscreen.
6. Nipple cream, breast pads, and cover up if breastfeeding.
7. Hand sanitizer.
8. Burp cloths.
9. Bottles for breast milk or formula.
11. A few toys.
12. An extra outfit including mittens, hat, a bib, socks, pants, shirt, sweatshirt, and onesie.
13. A swaddle blanket.
16. Diaper dispenser and bags.
You can get the Munchkin Arm & Hammer Diaper Bag Dispenser & Bags and refill pack for less then $10 at Amazon.
17. First Aid kit.
18. Extra shirt for mom and dad Incase of spit ups.