Baby is Still Cooking

The beginning of week four I was convinced I was going to have this baby any day now.

That weekend I felt terrible. I wasn’t comfortable sitting, laying, or standing. I was dizzy, nauseous, and had blurred vision. My blood pressure was running higher at about 117/74, 90s/60s is normal for me. I had terrible stomach cramping and sharp pain and I felt like I was going to poop out a bowling ball. My boobs also started leaking, well, just one of them.

My boyfriend usually stays with me Fri night through Monday morning. The weekend nurse suggested we go on a little date! Since I was not able to walk except on this floor, we got a wheel chair for our little adventure. We went downstairs and outside down to the other entrance of the hospital. He took me to the gift shop, the cafeteria, and Dunkin’ Donuts on the main floor of the hospital. We went back outside and up to the women’s health entrance. It was so nice to breath in fresh air. It’s amazing what you take for granted. Breathing in the outside air felt amazing. I was sad when I had to go back in.

Come Monday I noticed baby wasn’t moving much so they sent me up to ultrasound. He looked fine and my fluid levels were fine. He did change positions and is now Frank Breech with his hands and feet by his head. He was sitting low with his bum down in my pelvis. They think that could be the increased pressure I’m feeling. Maybe the pain in my belly was him trying to get his foot out of my pelvis. They said it didn’t look like he had much room to flip at this point which was disappointing to hear.

The next couple days I started feeling better and the pressure in my bum disappeared. I felt his foot back down there kicking away. I suspected that he was back to Footling Breech.

His heart rate was making me nervous though. Since I’m on the monitors everyday I know what my baby’s rate is normally and what it sounds like. For two days he was in the low 120’s for a base. Normally he runs a base of 140’s. One day during the week he wasn’t being reactive to my contractions so they left me on the monitor for a longer period of time. Thankfully he was back to normal by mid week.

Tuesday marked 32 weeks for me! That’s a big milestone in gestational years! Seeing that I came in at 28 weeks and 3 days, 32 sounded much safer to me. Baby was growing and getting much stronger. Speaking of growing, I felt ginormous this week. I felt like the poor baby was maxed out on space in my petite body.

My midwife came in Thursday morning and I asked her if I could weigh myself. It’s been almost a month since I was weighed and I was curious how much I gained. She let me walk downstairs to her office, the longest walk I’ve taken in awhile. I’ve gained 4 pounds since being in the hospital and about 19-20 pounds total so far.

I was getting a little stir crazy Thursday afternoon so I asked the nurses if I could go back on an adventure in the wheel chair. The nursing assistant took me back to the gift shop to walk around and then we sat outside for about 20 min. It doesn’t sound like a lot but between the walk downstairs to weigh myself and the outside adventure I was exhausted.

That night was a lunar eclipse. I read that there’s an increase in births with full moons, new moons, and eclipses. The nurse on the night shift that night told me that she doesn’t have good luck with antepartum patients and they all seem to go into labor on her shift.

Will baby Rogan come with the Eclipse?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s